Introduction to the Drupal Content Management System
This Friday, February 24, 2012, we're offering a 2-hour workshop on an introduction to the Drupal content management system and what you need to know when using Drupal for your next website. No prior experience with Drupal is necessary.
|Sign up today at http://www.larks.la/training|
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a free and open source web development platform used by millions of sites on the web today. It is used by sites big and small to manage online communities and their content and can be customized for any device to match any visual design. Learn more at http://www.larks.la/about/what-is-drupal
This is a free workshop and seating is limited. You'll have access to the experts at Exaltation of Larks — a Drupal strategy, consulting, development and training company in Los Angeles — get a free lunch and have a fun time!
What you will learn:
- Considerations for starting a Drupal project
- The basics of Drupal, from content management to membership management
- How to turn ideas for features and functionality into achievable tasks
- Which tasks are crucial for a successful Drupal website and how to organize them
- How to choose the right Drupal version and modules for your project
- Web hosting companies that specialize in hosting Drupal websites
- … and much, much more!
1 day: Friday, February 24, 2012. This workshop is from 12-2pm and begins at 12noon sharp.
- An active interest in learning about Drupal
- A basic understanding of the Internet and familiarity with how websites function
- A conceptual understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS), HTML and CSS is beneficial (but not required)
What to bring
This is a lunch and learn-style workshop. Come during lunch and learn about Drupal! You don't need to bring a computer. Light food and drinks will be provided.
651 Clover St.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Droplabs is in the Mission Junction neighborhood of Los Angeles at Big Art Labs, just 1 mile down Main St. from Philippes (the first-ever venue for LA Drupal meetups!) and Union Station. We're one block west of The Brewery, the largest live-and-work artists' colony in the world.
Free parking in our large parking lot is first-come, first-served. After parking in the lot, follow the yellow signs that point to Droplabs. (If our lot is full, you can park for free on Clover St.)
Droplabs is a brief walk from the Main St. / Lamar St. stop on the the Metro Local 76 bus line. To carpool from Union Station, post below in the comments.