List of Events
We're excited to host LA DevOps on June 24th. Stay tuned for more information.
Whether building a web, VOIP, or gaming backend, Operations is using development tools to make it work.
This is a joint meeting of the Southern California Domainers Meetup Group and the INNOVATE studio Meetup Group to offer a convenient Saturday Meetup.
RSVPs are being handled on Meetup.com at http://www.meetup.com/INNOVATE-studio-where-IDEAS-become-SOLUTIONS/event...
If you missed our prior Wednesday evening Meetups this is your chance to learn about the INNOVATE studio application and signup for a FREE account.
The INNOVATE studio meetup group is for anyone interested in learning about collaborative innovation, new venture development and project management. We will be walking through the features of the INNOVATE studio application and demonstrating how individuals and teams can utilize this mobile-friendly online application to plan and execute their venture development plan. Attendees will receive a free beta account at INNOVATEstudio.com for their project. In future meetups we will bring in experts in agile project management, software development, product design, and venture capital funding for startups.
About INNOVATE studio
INNOVATE studio is a collaboration platform for entrepreneurs. Features include:
- Feature Ranking System encourages you to assign each feature of your product an appropriate slot in your development plan and group them into Work Orders
- Digital Asset Management with customizable workflows and messaging facilitates collaboration among the entrepreneurs, designers, developers, consultants, and service providers on your team
- Presentation Tool enables you to create a HTML Pitch Deck that can be viewed interactively from within your studio or exported as a .pdf file
- Individualized Website Portal for your studio with Public and Private Pages, Contact Forms, Email Signups, and Webforms enables you to build and communicate with your customer and investor audiences
- Optional Project Management System with Issue Reporting, Task Assignment, Timetables, Time-Tracking, and Gantt Charts to keep your developers and engineers on track
We're excited to announce Exaltation of Larks' next mentored Drupal training. This 3-hour training is from 12-3pm and uses the extensive Drupal video library at Build a Module.com. Bring your laptop, your lunch and learn Drupal!
We'll be focusing this time on Site Building and Advanced Site Building. Bring a WiFi-enabled computer that you can use to connect to the internet and watch videos on (and a set of headphones). Those without headphones can buy an inexpensive pair of headphones from the venue.
Registration is required. Sign up at http://www.larks.la/training
Be sure to arrive early to give yourself enough time to park, pick a seat, and connect your laptop to the venue's WiFi network. We begin promptly at 12pm.
Classroom space is limited, so sign up early.
What is Drupal? For large and complex websites, nothing beats it! Where do you start? What is the best way to organize your project to get the best chance of success?
This workshop will help you turn your ideas into a concrete to-do list — whether you're building the site yourself, handing it off to a developer to build, or something in-between.
At this workshop, you'll have access to Drupal experts at Exaltation of Larks — a Drupal strategy, consulting, development and training company in Los Angeles — learn about Drupal and have a fun day!
This is the perfect workshop for you if:
- You're new to using Drupal and need a jumpstart in planning a large project;
- You're investigating Drupal's viability for your next project;
- You're wondering whether to invest time in learning Drupal;
- You don't have the time to learn Drupal but will be involved in a Drupal project.
Are you an entrepreneur, freelancer or remote worker? You don't have to work alone. Join us for another Drupal Coworking Friday at Droplabs, a collaborative coworking space, classroom and makerspace!
We're in Downtown Los Angeles and are happy to host members of our local community and anyone who is just passing through for some coworking, networking and collaboration. We'll be offering the following FREE services to help rock your workday:
- Free parking on Clover St. and N. Main St. and in our large parking lot;
- Free, metered WiFi;
- Desks, chairs and Ergotron mobile workstations in our open coworking room (on a first-come, first-served basis);
- Hundreds of square feet of whiteboard space;
- Use of our private conference room (unless previously reserved);
- Access to our shared lounge area (unless previously reserved);
- Heat / air conditioning.
Droplabs is supported by memberships, donations, sponsorship of our events, venue rental and paid upgrades, including high-speed, unmetered WiFi, access to a full kitchen (with stove, oven, fridges, sinks, etc.), equipment rental, locker space for your belongings and unlimited coffee, tea, filtered water, sodas and espresso.
You are invited to the Droplabs 2-Year Anniversary Party on June 8, 2013!
That's right, we've been offering unique, high quality events and affordable coworking space and office services for 2 years. Come celebrate with us! Much has happened since we opened to the public in Spring, 2011, and at the start of our party our members will have a brief retrospective and share their favorite moments.
Force.com Hackathon at Droplabs
Hey, Force.com Hackers... This is it! Time to dig into your backlogged issues, developer sandboxes, and/or sketches on legal pads for all those hair-brained schemes (or schemas) of yours and git 'er done!
We will be hosting a hackathon this Saturday, June 8th from 11am to 3pm at Droploabs near Downtown LA. We will have on-hand a developer evangelist with whom I'll put together a Level I and Level II challenge/mini-hack for those of you who haven't conjured up your own ingenious ideas yet.
This is a weekend, which should allow more driving time to the event. Since we only have a 4-hour window, please try to show up on-time and with a not-too-ravenous appetite so that we can consume mass quantities of hacking!
Cheers, Nathan Pepper
RSVPs for this event are being handled on Meetup.com at http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Force-com-Developer-Group/events/11988...
Game night is back at Droplabs! We're happy to host these on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 7pm-12am. Drop by, bring your board and settle in for a night of board games, strategy and fun.
What should I bring?
BYOB! (Bring Your Own Board)
Be the person who makes it possible for others to play! Two or more people can play for each one person brings a game, chess set, etc. If you bring more than one, even better!
What does it cost?
This event is FREE. Donations for the venue are graciously accepted.
On the last Wednesday of each month at 7pm, Droplabs has an open stakeholders meeting with the Droplabs founders, keyholders and members of our community in and around Los Angeles, California. These meetings are a great opportunity to kick back after a day of coworking, get to know your neighbors and coworking and request, offer and brainstorm new services and upcoming events to serve our members and larger community.
We're meeting this time at Droplabs, a Drupal-friendly classroom, coworking space and makerspace near Downtown Los Angeles. Those interested in attending this meetup remotely are welcome to join us via WebEx.