POSTPONED: Drupal Employers Summit
Do you own or help manage a company or organization that uses Drupal? Does your team depend on professional Drupal service providers in the Greater Los Angeles Area? Have you and your projects been affected by a shortage of Drupal development and theming talent?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then consider coming to our second Drupal Employers Summit from 7-9pm on Friday, August 16, 2013. There is no charge for this event. It is open to any and all companies and organizations who qualify, by following either or both of the following criteria:
- Hosting any Drupal meetups, trainings or other Drupal community events, including Downtown Drupal, High Performance Drupal, Frontend Drupal, LA Drupal, and so on;
- Sponsoring or exhibiting at any of the Los Angeles Drupal job fairs in June, 2011; November, 2011; or January, 2013.
Hosting a meetup at your office qualifies you for this event. Buying pizza at a meetup, while appreciated, does not. If you do not meet the above qualifications, contact us at http://droplabs.net/contact with a request to attend.
This is a roll-up-your-sleeves working meeting and we will be meeting one another (some for the first time) and discussing the following topics:
- A quick review of the Drupal Employers Summit we had on January 28, 2013;
- Catching up on recent events, such as Droplabs' module development boot camp;
- Building a healthy marketplace and business community of colleagues and potential partners;
- Getting the most out of our recruiting and marketing dollar;
- What we're doing now to staff up, from local recruiting and in-house training to outsourcing and hiring out-of-town or overseas;
- Identifying the skills, job titles and qualifications of desirable candidates, employees and vendors;
- Workshops, trainings and other programs that most or all of us can get behind in order to solve our business needs.
We'll have an open bar and cocktails will be served.
Location & Directions ^
This event is being hosted by Droplabs, a network of collaborative coworking spaces, classrooms and participating businesses in and around Los Angeles, Califonia. We offer mentoring, training and coworking services and programs to entrepreneurs, freelancers, remote workers and lifelong learners.
651 Clover St.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Droplabs is in the Mission Junction neighborhood of Los Angeles at Big Art Labs, just 1 mile down Main St. from Union Station and Philippes (the first-ever venue for Drupal meetups in Southern California!). We're one block west of The Brewery, the largest live-and-work artists' colony in the world.
Free parking in our large parking lot is first-come, first-served. After parking in the lot, follow the yellow signs that point to Droplabs. (If our lot is full, or close to it, you can park for free on Clover St.)
Droplabs is a brief walk from the Main St. / Lamar St. stop on the the Metro Local 76 bus line. This is also the Lincoln Heights / Chinatown DASH stop.
About Greater Los Angeles Drupal ^
With several weekly and monthly events, the Greater Los Angeles Area is one the most active areas for Drupal in the world.
Formerly named Downtown Los Angeles Drupal, we've been meeting regularly in and around Downtown Los Angeles, California, since early 2010, and now organize a large number of events in the area. Our signature events include the Drupal Job Fairs and the Downtown Drupal, Frontend Drupal and High Performance Drupal meetups.
Our members and organizers have produced hundreds of Drupal events, including job fairs, meetups and workshops, conferences, paid trainings, coworking days, study group sessions, movie outings, FREE tutoring sessions from Drupal professionals, and website barnraisings to benefit non-profits and members of our community.
Attending Drupal events in the Greater Los Angeles Area is one of the best ways to meet and talk with other Drupaleros and we encourage you to attend as many meetings and special events as you'd like. Whether it's to find solutions to problems you've been having, sharing something you've learned or just meeting interesting like-minded people, the Greater Los Angeles Drupal events are an essential resource for Drupal professionals and hobbyists alike.
We proudly participate in the California Drupal Travelers Program, which aims to connect businesses and community members who are visiting the area with our local community and events. Inquire within by contacting any of the Greater Los Angeles Drupal organizers, or by joining the global Drupal Hospitality Network.