Drupal Coworking Friday
You don't have to work alone. We're happy to take part in yet another Drupal Coworking Friday at Droplabs, a collaborative coworking space, classroom and hackerspace. Join us!
We're in Downtown Los Angeles and are happy to host members of our local community and anyone who is just passing through for some coworking, networking and collaboration. We'll be offering the following FREE services to help rock your workday:
- Free parking on Clover St. and N. Main St. and in our large parking lot
- Free, metered WiFi
- Desks, chairs and Ergotron mobile workstations in our open coworking room (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Hundreds of square feet of whiteboard space
- Use of our private conference room (unless previously reserved)
- Access to our shared lounge area (unless previously reserved)
- Heat / air conditioning
Droplabs is supported by memberships, donations, sponsorship of our events, venue rental and paid upgrades, including high-speed, unmetered WiFi, access to a full kitchen (with stove, oven, fridges, sinks, etc.), equipment rental, locker space for your belongings and unlimited coffee, tea, filtered water, sodas and espresso.
About Drupal Coworking Friday
- Proposed date: Last Friday of each month
- It takes place in your local city
- Anyone can start/host one
- Focused on Drupal Professionals (freelance, fulltime, part time, in office, home, etc.)
- This is not a meetup, code-sprint, BoF or presentation
- Attendees would still do their regular work/calls/etc
- Other Drupal folks would be there to talk to, collaborate, advise (and likewise for the attendee)
- Ideally, an entire section of the space will be dedicated for Drupal professionals
Drupal After Dark
After the day is over, a group of us may go to a nearby restaurant or pub. In the past we've had beers and a bonfire and were serenaded by Skrillex, who was rehearsing next door for the Mothership tour.
We've also gone to a variety of other locations, including Barbara's at The Brewery (at 620 Moulton Ave., just a 5 minute walk away) and Carnitas Michoacan (on 1901 N. Broadway, just a 5 minute drive away).
651 Clover St.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Droplabs is in the Mission Junction neighborhood of Los Angeles at Big Art Labs, just 1 mile down Main St. from Union Station and Philippes (the first-ever venue for Drupal meetups in Southern California!). We're one block west of The Brewery, the largest live-and-work artists' colony in the world.
Free parking in our large parking lot is first-come, first-served. After parking in the lot, follow the yellow signs that point to Droplabs. (If our lot is full, you can park for free on Clover St.)
Droplabs is a brief walk from the Main St. / Lamar St. stop on the the Metro Local 76 bus line. This is also the Lincoln Heights / Chinatown DASH stop.
To carpool or catch the Droplabs shuttle from Union Station, post below in the comments.