Drupal Development Best Practices
Friday, November 16, 2012 - 10:00 to 17:00
Join us on November 16, 2012 in Downtown Los Angeles for Drupal Development Best Practices, a full day of Drupal training! This training is being produced by Exaltation of Larks, a Drupal strategy, development, consulting and training firm with a team of experts in Los Angeles.
This one-day workshop gives you a comprehensive tutorial on the right way to manage your Drupal website. You'll learn about version control for your code and ways to manage changes in your data. You’ll also see how the Features module can enable you to keep your configuration changes in version control.
We'll cover industry-approved deployment strategies that let you move smoothly through development, testing and live environments. You’ll get a high-level overview of how to modify the way your site looks by sub-theming, preventing hours of frustration should your original theme be updated.
|Sign up today at http://www.larks.la/training|
What you will learn:
- Using version control with Drupal
- Maintaining development, testing and production environments
- Managing configuration changes using the Features module
- Creating a basic sub-theme
- Creating a basic module
- Understanding Drupal’s API and the hook system
PrerequisitesPrevious experience using Drupal, and a basic understanding of nodes, comments, blocks, modules, themes, custom content types, fields and views. Site Building with Drupal from Exaltation of Larks, Chapter Three or Acquia satisfy this requirement. We are offering Site Building with Drupal several days before this class on November 12 & 13, 2012.
What is provided:
- Lunch is provided
- Participants will receive a printed manual which outlines step-by-step activities
- Please bring your own laptop computer
- Preparation instructions will be sent to each participant before the class